In recent years, Notion has turned into a key tool for many project managers. This doesn’t come as a surprise, given how flexible and easy to use this platform is. Whatever project management Notion template you choose, you can adjust it to your needs.
Notion project management templates help you keep your projects on the move and meet all of your deadlines. With the right Notion template in hand, no task will stay behind or slide through the cracks. You can use the project management setup for personal and professional projects alike. Whatever you’re up to, productivity is guaranteed.
Many platforms offer a project management system, including Microsoft Office and Google Workspace. Compared to such systems, Notion offers unparalleled customization. Therefore, it serves a wider scope of functions. It can replace all tools in your tasks database, project management included.
With Notion, staying in control of your project database will be easier than ever before. You get to choose a Notion template that works well for your brand and add all features to complete both small and big projects. You can track your goals, manage your tasks, and organize the entire project roadmap.
Which is the best Notion project management template?
What if all of your favorite project management tools can be delivered by the same provider? That is exactly what Notion can do for you. Your calendars, timelines, tasks, and even Kanban boards will be presented on a single dashboard.
Before you choose a Notion project management template, list all of your needs and requirements. It will take a while, but it will help you make the right choice.
In this article, we will discuss the most prominent Notion templates for project management, and show you how you can use them.
Universal Project Management
Universal brings all client projects under one roof. It tracks the timeline of each project, and also maintains a client database. You will appreciate their ‘Tasks for today’ section that helps you complete your to-do’s.
Here are its top features:
- Drag-and-drop functionalities for completing tasks
- Prioritization among tasks with a star-based system
- A minute-timer for the completion of each project
- “All projects” and “All tasks” sections for effective management
- Handy information arrangement for each project. You get to see the time spent, progress, due date, and assignee for each project.
Task & Project Manager Notion Template
This project management template specializes in task management. It can be applied to corporate settings and freelance projects alike, and you can even use it as your private project database.
These are the key functionalities:
- Task management based on priority and due dates
- Easy selection and scheduling
- 6 productivity planners and 3 dashboards you can choose from
- Insightful project stats, smart statuses, and a progress bar for all of your tasks
- Timely support
Simple Project Manager
This project management system is very efficient, and yet very simple. There is the main projects database where all tasks are arranged by status (new, in progress, or published). It will help you stay in control of your content, as it comes with a publishing roadmap and a Twitter posting scheduler.
Here’s what is at stake for you:
- Manage several projects at once
- An individualized roadmap for each project
- Seamless Twitter integration that keeps you on top of social media processes
- A dedicated tasks database where you can store projects according to their status. Examples include Drafts, Working On, Published, etc.
Nora for Notion
Are you already using a project management system? What is the reason you are looking to replace it? Is it the number of backlogged tasks and missed due dates? The Nora Notion template addresses all of your pain points! It is an end-to-end project management system that keeps you in control of your project database.
Nora will help you track the timeline for each task, and even break it into smaller sections and decide what needs to be done first. It automatically removes outdated tasks, so you have a clean dashboard to work with. And yet, this is only the beginning of everything this Notion template can do for you.
Many managers describe the project management template as a problem-solver. It is not the best-looking project database you’ve seen, but the functions are unparalleled. You can create sub-issues, collect suggestions, and have the template auto-estimate goals and due dates. It is as good as Notion project management can be!
These are the features to look forward to:
- Estimate & Sprint-tracking: You can track the timeline for each task, without worrying about how long it will take
- You can create as many sub-issues as you need: Each of the tasks can be divided into multiple sub-tasks, so you are in control of the progress.
- Smart suggestions: The Notion template tracks your energy levels and usual routines, and suggests what to do based on it
- Progress estimation: You can monitor and estimate the progress of a project on every level, be those large projects or small tasks. A due date will never again go out of sight.
- Automated removal of outdated tasks: Perhaps the best thing about this Notion template is that it removes outdated tasks. This way, you can focus on more important tasks in your project database.
Side Project OS
Side Project OS is another compact project management template. It specializes rather in large projects and meets the requirement of bigger teams that can’t use a task management app. The project management template comes with a state-of-the-art database. At the same time, it offers relational models that track your progress.
For example, you can manage content creation and come up with better publishing strategies. The project management template analyzes multiple factors to help you improve your operations. It is a safe choice for any project management team, and it is being constantly improved.
Here’s what is at stake for you:
- Even 30 creative modules for you to manage and track your projects
- A total of 8 strategy modules were used to identify issues and develop solutions
- A dedicated module for task management that helps you make smarter use of your time
- A module dedicated to tracking feedback and user requests
- A content hub with a dedicated Notion template for each major social media platform
- An end-to-end deal pipeline that helps manage and close more deals
- A storage module for all of your documentation
- A review function that discloses your progress and reflects on it
- A special MVP module
- A financial module that tracks your expenses and subscriptions
- A module that keeps you in control of your branding assets
Scrum-Based Project Management System
More than anything else, your next project manager template should help you streamline your workflow.
The compact Notion workspace manages all aspects of a specific project. For example, it excels in keeping track of active projects and providing scrum epics. What you will appreciate the most is the overview and categorization of user stories, all neatly packed on a pre-built root wiki page.
In addition, you should look forward to the following features:
- A timeline dedicated to Scrum epics
- A backlog – page for user stories and open tasks
- A scrum board where you can group tasks according to user stories
- Sprints management table which you can connect to the main issues table
- Detailed time logs that show you how much time you’ve spent on any task. The project template even calculates the total time and average time you’ve spent on a task.
- Ready-to-use Wiki space with template buttons
- Flexibility. The project template is based on demo data, which means you can remove any table you want and make space for your new project.
Agile Project Management Template
If you’re a JIRA user, you will find it incredibly easy to set up an agile workflow in this Notion template. The tool comes with a magnificent and agile backlog section and a client-friendly ticketing function. You should also look forward to its 25-property master ticket database, as well as the robust epics planner and sprint planner. This being said, we might be looking at the most powerful project manager template Notion has to offer.
Studio Pro System Project Management
Last but not least, let us introduce the Studio Pro project management system. The tool was created for creative entrepreneurs and designers but can be applied to any project database.
Studio Pro will help you stay on top of freelance projects, and manage tasks more efficiently. It even offers features for invoicing, briefing, and CRM.
When it comes to choosing the best Notion project management template, there are a lot of factors to consider. Decisive will be the nature of your work, your team, and the goals you want to achieve. Truth be told, you can’t go wrong with any of the discussed templates. They all come with an advanced task database, status, and priority tracking.
Better yet, each Notion PM template is customizable and can be adapted to your needs. You can then manage projects in a familiar environment, and choose templates from a vast gallery that suits your ultimate tasks. If you want, you can even create your free template and develop personal dashboards from scratch.
Notion templates are powerful and user-friendly, and with them, you can forget about Excel sheets and sticky notes. With Notion, you can manage all projects and track progress easier than ever before.
If you liked this article with Notion project management templates, you should check out this one with aesthetic Notion templates.
We also have similar articles on the site like Notion schedule templates, Notion goals templates, Notion budget templates, Notion habit tracker templates, and Notion templates for students.
And lastly, if you are so mad with Notion that you want to get rid of it, here’s an article on how to delete your Notion account.